"The Markfield Institute of Higher Education (MIHE) was established in September 2000 with the objective of being a centre of creative excellence in academia guided by Islamic ethos. MIHE is unique, as it combines the richness and high standards of traditional Islamic scholarship with the best of western research techniques, academic rigour and critical inquiry. The Institute is committed to promoting excellence in teaching, research and training. It offers students a friendly and conducive environment for learning and research.
MIHE presents an attractive proposition to students not only in the UK and Europe but throughout the world, as the courses offered here give a clear direction in terms of future career development and progression. Our alumni are a testament to this, as they have gone on to pursue successful careers in various fields after completing their degrees through MIHE. I would like to extend my personal invitation to you to be part of the MIHE experience and be inspired to excellence!"
The Markfield Institute of Higher Education is committed to:
- promoting informed understanding of Islam, the Muslim world and Muslim communities through teaching, research and publications;
- exercising critical judgement and self-discipline in acquiring and transmitting knowledge through guided learning in an analytical research environment;
- equipping students with the necessary skills, to develop in them critical and analytical abilities with ethical values;
- preparing students to comprehend and respond to the contemporary challenges posed by modern, multi-cultural and pluralist societies both within and outside Muslim communities;
- contributing to the development of local communities through training and vocational education, seminars and lectures;
- building bridges between faiths, cultures and civilisations;
- using its physical and human resources in the most efficient manner with a view to making the Institute a centre of excellence.