Dr. Ataullah Siddiqui
Dr Ataullah Siddiqui is a Reader in Religious Pluralism and Inter-Faith Relations at the Markfield Institute of Higher Education where he was also the Director of the Institute from 2001 to 2008. He is a Visiting Professor at the University of Gloucestershire and a Visiting Fellow at York St. John’s University. He is a member of the Advisory Board of the HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Centre for the Study of Islam in the Contemporary World at the University of Edinburgh. He was founder President and Vice Chair of the ‘Christian Muslim Forum’in England, and a founder member of the Leicester Council of Faiths.
His publications include:
- Beyond the Dysfunctional Family: Jews, Christians and Muslims in Dialogue with Each Other and With Britain (edited with others) London: The Manor House Abrahamic Group (2012);
- British Secularism and Religion: Islam, Society and the State (edited. with others) Markfield: Kube Publishing (2010),
- Christians and Muslims in the Commonwealth: A Dynamic Role in the Future [co-edited 2001].
- Islam and Other Faiths [a collection of Ismail Raji Al- Faruqi’s articles] (1998).
- Christian-Muslim Dialogue in the Twentieth Century (1997),
He is also the author of a government report:
- Islam at Universities in England: Meeting the Needs and Investing in the Future, 2007. www.dfes.gov.uk/hegateway/uploads/DrSiddiquiReport.pdf
He has contributed chapters and articles to several books and journals